Admissions and Affiliations
- Member, South Asian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Indo-Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Peel Law Association
- Member, Advocates’ Society
- B.A. (Hons). – York University
- LL.B. – Osgoode Hall Law School (2004)
Pathik’s practice in the Dispute Resolution Group is focused on a broad range of commercial litigation matters, as well as advising clients faced with Receiverships, Construction Lien matters and Mortgage Enforcement remedies.
With an emphasis on resolving complex commercial disputes, Pathik works closely with clients, providing advice to general counsel and external counsel across multiple jurisdictions within Canada and internationally. Pathik prides himself on achieving desired legal outcomes within set timelines and facilitating cost-effective resolutions. As a litigator for over a decade, Pathik is experienced in managing all phases of litigation through to trial and has acted as counsel before Canadian trial courts and various Alternative Dispute Resolution forums.
Pathik has many reported decisions including Med-Chem Health Care Ltd. V. Misir, 2011 ONSC 6287, 209 A.C.W.S. (3d) 252, where he acted for the Plaintiff in successfully arguing against piercing the corporate veil against the sole director in a claim involving over 100 million dollars.
Dedicated to the community, Pathik is an active volunteer, currently serving as legal advisor for several charitable institutions, not-for-profit organizations, media outlets and others in need. He is also fluent in Hindi and Gujarati.
Some of Pathik’s representative work includes:
- Lead Counsel for Hotel Franchisee in opposing a 35 million dollar Receivership Application;
- Lead Counsel to one of Ontario’s largest private mortgage funds in the enforcement of all commercial and residential mortgage defaults;
- Lead Counsel to various religious, not-for-profit and charitable organizations on corporate governance issues, including director’s liability and Office of Public Guardian and Trustee issues;
- Lead Counsel to various SMEs including some of Ontario’s largest Restaurants, Real Estate Brokerages, Condominium Corporations and Developers on a wide range of litigation matters.
Blogs by Pathik Baxi