Admissions and Affiliations
- Called to the Ontario Bar: 2014
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canada Bar Association
- Advocates’ Society
- Women’s Law Association of Canada
- Canadian Association of South Asian Lawyers
- Ontario Bar Association
- Peel Law Association
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law (2010-2013): Juris Doctor
- University of Toronto (2006-2010): B.A (Hons.)
- International Exchange Program, University of Birmingham, Faculty of Law, United Kingdom
Amrita is a partner in the Dispute Resolution Group and exclusively practices commercial and civil litigation. She has broad-ranging experience in commercial litigation including breach of contract, shareholder and partnership disputes, oppression remedy litigation, professional negligence, construction liens, real estate litigation, and employment matters.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Amrita summered and articled at a national law firm.
Amrita graduated from the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law with magna cum laude honours, and was also the recipient of the Martin Mason Memorial Prize in Constitutional Law.
While at law school, Amrita interned at the Department of Justice and participated in a number of moot competitions. In the fall of 2012, Amrita participated in an International Exchange Program in the United Kingdom, where she studied law at the University of Birmingham.
In her spare time, Amrita is passionate about travel and fitness, especially kickboxing.
Blogs by Amrita Mann
- How minority shareholders in Ontario can use the Courts
- Construction Liens: A Primer
- Enforcing Non-Solicitation and Non-Competition Clauses
- Top Ten Things You Need to Keep in Mind when Drafting Your Own Statement of Defence
- Top Ten Things Lenders and Borrowers Need to Know about Mortgage Enforcement under a Power of Sale